Welcome to your luxurious mountain top retreat, set amidst 150 acres of native bush in a spectacular wilderness location. Architecturally designed the property was crafted from native timbers taken from the land and milled on site. The unique design of the home, with intriguing angles and use of glass and timber, enables uninterrupted 360 degree views of the surrounding landscape.
Gaze out over native forest to the Richmond ranges, Pepin Island, Cable Bay and the Abel Tasman across the bay. Beech decking seamlessly extends the living areas to provide a wonderfully relaxing and open living environment.
Make your stay one to remember, book your Heli-transfers and tours with our friends at Helicopters Nelson. Some options include D'Urville Island fishing adventure, Heli-Hike/Run Heaphy or Queen Charlotte Track, Heli-Bike Marlborough Sounds or Heli-Picnic Boulder Lake. What a way to celebrate a special occasion, perhaps it's your honeymoon, a special birthday or anniversary.
Positioned perfectly to explore the Nelson/Tasman and Marlborough regions, if you’re after "Luxury in the Wilderness" Peak View Retreat is for you.
Please enter some dates above and click the book button to check pricing and confirm your reservation.
Our current rates are as follows, 1 April - 30 November 2020 from $550 per night. 1 December - 31 March 2021 from $890 per night, all prices are inclusive for up to 4 adults plus a one off cleaning fee of $150.
We look forward to sharing the Peak View Retreat experience with you and showing off our stunning Nelson and Marlborough region, see you soon!
- Relax with family and friends on expansive decking
- Soak in the wood fired hot tub surrounded by nature
- Cosy and warm fire place and central heating
- Run to beautiful Hori Bay 28km return
- Fly in and out by helicopter- weather permitting
- Explore Cable Bay, Nelsons adventure destination
- Archery, Kayaking, Shooting, Sky wire, Paintball
- Visit the wineries in Marlborough
- Climb Mt Duppa for epic views
- Road trip to the Abel Tasman National Park
- Visit local artists in their home studios supporting local business
Peak View Retreat Details and Layout
You will have exclusive use of the entire home, there are two levels, the upper level comprises of the living areas with plenty of cosy places to relax and lounge. Make use of the extra large bean bags and follow the sun around the house or sit them down in front of the fire place on cold evenings. Downstairs are the bedrooms suites, each with private ensuite and extra long bath tubs, laundry and our Made in NZ "Stoked Stainless" Wood Fired Hot Tub.
- Pepin suite has a Super King bed, spacious walk in robe, ensuite with separate extra long bath tub, shower and toilet
- Stoked stainless wood-fired hot tub sits on the deck outside the Pepin suite
- Manuka suite has a Queen bed, walk in robe, ensuite with combined shower/extra long bath tub and toilet
- Two cape cod chairs sit on the deck outside the Manuka suite
- Laundry room has front loading washing machine, sink, iron and ironing board
- Upstairs is totally open plan, sunrise corner has a cosy swivel lounger and the toilet is situated behind the fire places
- There is a book shelf full of books/magazines and board games for your enjoyment
- The opposite corner has a television with access to Netflix only and two leather chairs and foot rest
- The main lounge area has two 4 seater couches, situated to maximise the views outside and they sit in front of the fire place
- Relax and listen to your favourite tunes with our Bose Revovle + portable speaker
- The kitchen has everything you should need, including basic pantry items, breville espresso machine, nutri bullet
- There is a Weber BBQ just outside the kitchen on the deck
- Dining table beside the kitchen
- Upstairs on the outdoor decks you will find a large "plankville" slab picnic table for outdoor dining
- There are two cape cod chairs on the sunrise corner of the deck
- Parking on the flat rocky area at the front entrance has plenty of room for your car or for helicopter landing